Block Grant Scheme
Attend multiple RCPE symposia for a one-off study leave payment of £100
The RCPE has agreement with the Scotland Deanery, for all trainee regions (North, East, South-East, and West), whereby attendance by a SpR or ST3+ in a medical specialty and public health, or an ST1/ST2 doctor undertaking CMT or ACCS at any eligible event in the College’s main symposium programme triggers a one-off payment of £100 from the study leave budget.
That trainee can then attend as many other eligible symposia as they wish during that academic session (September to August) without any further charge. The block grant scheme does not apply to any courses or conferences unless specified.
- Please check the fees section of the symposia details to see if the block grant fee option is available.
Applying for your Block Grant I.D. using Turas
When applying for study leave for eligible RCPE symposia, you should NOT request funding on Turas. Requests for funding will be reviewed as "approved without funding" as approvals with funding automatically generate claim forms to be sent to you, which isn't appropriate in this case.
- Apply for the symposia you wish to attend on Turas before the start date of leave
- Add "Block Grant" to the event title that you enter on Turas
- Turas will generate an I.D. number
- You can reuse this I.D. number for the whole academic session (Sept-Aug) whenever booking RCPE symposia
- When a new session starts you will need to apply again and supply RCPE with a new I.D. number