MRCP(UK) Diploma Ceremony
RCPE Diploma Ceremony Edinburgh
Date: Friday, 28 April 2017
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
9 Queen Street
The President and Council of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh invite you to attend one of the Diploma Ceremonies for the formal introduction of new Members of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom, MRCP(UK).
To attend the Diploma Ceremony you must return your Form of Faith
Further details can be obtained from:
Mrs Gilly Marshall,
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh,
9 Queen Street,
TEL: + 44 (0)131 225 7324
FAX: + 44 (0)131 226 6124
Friday 28 April 2017
MRCP(UK) Diploma Ceremony
New members assemble in the Theatre of the Conference Centre. Their seats will be reserved.
Relations and friends may take their places, to view the proceedings, in any of the tiered seats except those in the front row and those reserved for diplomates (Please be seated by 17.45).
President's procession enters the Lecture Theatre preceded by the College Mace (ALL STAND) .
The Chair, Trainees & Members Committee addresses the New Members.
The President addresses the new Members.
The President presents diplomas to new Members.
President's procession leaves the Theatre. (ALL STAND)
Buffet Supper for those who have booked in the Great Hall and New Library.
Tours of the College
Individual and family photographs
Each ceremony will be limited to a total of 120 people and online booking will close at 1600 on 31 March 2017 or sooner if the ceremony is over-subscribed. If you are unable to attend a specific ceremony either because we have reached maximum numbers or because you are unavailable you are most welcome to come to one of the future ceremonies. These restrictions have been introduced in order to allow all those attending to have an enjoyable evening and have the opportunity of seeing the College in a relaxed atmosphere.
Priority will be given to those who attend both the Diploma Ceremony and Hot Buffet Dinner.
In the event of the Ceremony being over-subscribed, we shall contact you as quickly as possible.
Please wait for confirmation before making travel and accommodation arrangements.
1. Please ensure you return your Form of Faith, if we do not receive your Form of Faith you will not be allowed to attend the Diploma Ceremony.
2. New Members may bring as many guests as they wish to the Diploma Ceremony, provided there is sufficient space, you will be informed on receipt of your form if there is not space for all of your guests. The Reception and Hot Buffet Dinner will be free of charge to each new Member. For guests attending the hot buffet dinner there will be a charge of £20 per head. Children are welcome and those under 10 are free.
3. We no longer provide a crèche during the ceremony. Children are welcome in the theatre but for the benefit of other guests you may be asked to remove the child if they become unduly noisy.
4. We will have an official photographer at each Ceremony. A photograph showing each new Member shaking hands with the President is provided free of charge. The photos will be available for viewing and collection from approximately 8.30 pm. Anyone wishing to buy further copies will be able to do so by placing a separate order directly with the photographer.
Consent for Photographs taken on College Premises:
Please note that the College may occasionally take informal photographs before, during and after College events for use in future material used to promote the College, its facilities and activities (either in print or online). These images will not be used commercially or sold to third parties. With this disclaimer, the College is proceeding on the basis that attendance at this event implies your consent to the College taking and using such images. If you do not consent to the use of such images, please bring this to the attention of a member of staff at the time of the event (please note this does not apply to private photographs taken by the photographer of you and your family).
5. The photographer will be available, after the Ceremony, to take private photographs. Payment should be made direct to the photographer at the time (cash or cheque only). Gowns will be available free of charge for these photographs. A plain black gown is available for all diplomates or a Collegiate Members gown (black with a green trim) to those who have become Collegiate Members.
6. Tours of the College will be available throughout the evening. There will also be the opportunity to speak to members of the Collegiate Members Committee and purchase College mementoes.
8. Limited disabled access is available at the College. Please ensure you contact Mrs Gilly Marshall if you or your guests require this.
9. Dress code: Lounge suits and ladies equivalent or national dress.
As a listed building, the College has restricted disabled access. A wheelchair lift is provided at the rear of the College giving access to the Conference Centre and the main historic rooms, but not all of the smaller rooms used for educational events. For further information and assistance please contact the RCPE Co-ordinator responsible for the event.
Accommodation and Directions to the College
The College has negotiated special rates with a number of local hotels.
Bicycle racks are available for cyclists at the door to 8 Queen Street. For access to further bicycle racks, please ask at reception.